Volunteering

 Over my high school career, I have spent many hours participating in civic engagement. I am on track to complete 150 civic engagement hours by the time I graduate. Below I will list each of the events or organizations I volunteered for (in no particular order.) 

The majority of my service hours had to do with childcare. I've learned a lot about children in these last few years and it has helped me better understand how it will help me in the future. I enjoy working with kids and I grew in my patience in relation to them. 

Phone banking for Marie Newman was one that was out of my comfort zone, as I was a freshman when this occurred. I was able to spend time getting to know two classmates who did the phone banking with me. Ultimately, I learned a lot more about politics and how I can have an impact as a young person who cannot yet vote. 

The civic engagement I participated in in relation to GCE was helpful in getting to better know the people affiliated with the school as well as holding a bigger standing at the school. 

GCE Lab School • Experience LearningCovenant Presbyterian Church (Chicago, Illinois) - WikipediaHomepage | HelloBabySunshine Gospel Ministries (Accredited Organization Profile) - ECFA.orgTHREE Weeks to Go


Comments

Popular Posts