Disconnecting From the Family Tree - A Manifesto

Welcome back to my blog! Over this past term, I have been taking a class called Paper Machine Manifestos. This class allowed me to work with many different kinds of typewriters. I was also able read a few published well known manifestos such as the Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx, the Feminist Manifesto by Mina Loy, and the Surrealist Manifesto by Andre Breton.  I then was able to take the information I learned about what makes a writing a manifesto and create my own. 

My Manifesto named, Disconnecting From the Family Tree, is a deeply personal writing that allowed me to look into my family history. I come from a religious family with many members, five brothers and one sister. Family has always been incredibly important to me and how I grew up. In my manifesto, I decided to recall some memories, both good and bad, and relate it to the proposition  I hold of the need for people to space themselves away from the family and ideals they have grown up with.  



Comments

Popular Posts