My Quitapena Doll

In my Spanish Class, I've been learning more about the cultures and traditions of Spanish speaking countries. I’ve been asked to create a quitapena doll, which translates to worry doll. This comes from a tradition from the Guatemalan highland indigeonous people. I think that is a really interesting tradition and I was happy to be able to create my own. The purpose of this action project is to understand communication in Spanish with vocabulary and the preterit and present tenses. Something I found challenging with this project was deciding what I wanted my doll to look like, but I’m very proud of how it turned out.


Below, you will see a very basic sketch of my doll. I didn’t want to create my doll with much of a plan in mind, this resulted in my doll being relatively basic.


Description of my doll in spanish:

La ropa está hecha de hilados de lana.

Lleva un mono verde.


What I do with my doll in spanish:

Me gusta mantener mi muñeca quitapena.

Escribo a mi muñeca quitapenas.

Leo a mi muñeca quitapena.


Feelings my doll take away in spanish:

Estuvo ansiedad.

(KH, My Quitapena Doll , 2022)

(KH, My Quitapena Doll Sketch , 2022)

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts