The Chameleon, The Frog, and The Crocodile

Recently, I have been taking a class called Fables. It is apart of my Humanities studies. In this class, we discussed what fables are and the impact their story and morals can have on people, especially young children. In fables, it is common to have the characters portrayed as animals. We use the stereotypical characteristics people have given to individual animals  and use these to enhance our stories. This action project asked me to create my own fable. My own story with its own morals. Within this fable I have a protagonist portrayed by a chameleon, an antagonist portrayed by a crocodile, and a flat character portrayed by a frog. I chose to have my protagonist portrayed by a chameleon, because of the changing colors of chameleons scales. In the story I was able to create symbolism by using the changing of colors on her scales change over time. I used a crocodile as my antagonist because generally crocodiles are depicted as unfriendly characters. A flat character is a type of character that does not change; they support the main character. I used a frog as my flat character for no particular reason. 

This experience of creating my own fable was riveting. I enjoyed being able to test my writing skills in a way that I hadn't before. I hope you enjoy my fable!


Comments

Popular Posts