Coffee with Conditions - All the Worlds a Stage Monologue


I recently finished a class called all the world's a stage. This class is all about theater, it incorporates STEAM and Humanities. I learned about many things related to theater from making the costume, to designing the sets and creating the set, to writing a play and actually performing and directing it. I was grouped with four other people and we created a play that has a series of monologues given by each character, a character in which we created. We started with choosing a space in our school as our stage and created a model of it. (As shown in the picture below) We then created our characters. I created mine to be identical but also unique to my own identity. This is also how my other group members created their characters. Each of us wrote our own monologues and combined them into one story with different backgrounds. The four of us created monologues that had to do with an oppressed people. My group chose to create our monologues about women and how they are at times oppressed. For example, my monologue because about gender wage difference. Another monologue that a group member used was sexual assault specifically catcalling and how it can make women feel. My group chose to show women as our oppressed group because of the fact that women have been an oppressed people for many generations. After we finished with our monologues we started to set up our stage we started with what type of stage we wanted we chose to have a proscenium type stage. This is a more traditional type of stage, it is when the performance is in front of you almost as if you were watching a movie. After we chose what type of stage we wanted we set up our stage. we created our stage to look, feel, and smell as if you were in a small coffee shop. Once we finished creating our stage we worked on costume design and props. We each chose our costume designed to go with our character. For example, my character was a barista at this coffee shop so I decided to where casual clothes with an apron. For my prop I used coffee mugs because of my job and the fact that I would be giving out cups of coffee in the performance. (As shown in the picture below) I have created links to my group members’ blogs, so you can see some more of what they did. (Links below)

DB  TG ES








Comments

Popular Posts